BISFF has five main objectives:
- Promote Baalbeck’s role and place in the cultural and artistic scenes.
- Shed lights on the work of young filmmakers from across the globe.
- Acknowledge and promote young Lebanese filmmakers.
- Advocate for the support of short and independent film productions.
- Mainstream the role of Film-making in influencing social and humanitarian contexts.
The First Edition
The first edition of the BISFF is border-less and open to creativity. It is made possible with great submissions of filmmakers from different backgrounds and nationalities. The result is an incredible program of film screenings, director talks, workshops and exhibitions, free and open to the public.
The first edition of the festival will also pay tribute to the Lebanese cinema industry, by offering a special screening and a round-table on the history of Lebanese cinema.
Our Festival will be held at la place de l’Evêché in Baalbeck. It is a open space plaza where youngsters in the town gather to watch all kind of festivities. It is a 5 mins walk from the temples of Baalbeck, surrounded by the Catholic Church & the French Cultural Center of Baalbeck.